星期四, 5月 11, 2006

石頭、孤島

這是一首有關孤單的歌。歌者為了不再受到傷害,決定關閉在自已的房間裡,與人隔絕,因他相信與人隔絕等如與痛苦隔絕。他並且向世界大聲控訴和宣告:我是石頭,我是孤島!作者Paul Simon在談論到他這首作品時說道:"The loneliest people in the world are those that cannot share their loneliness, through fear, pride or anger. And the ache builds walls, fear populates their dreams and pride is then the jailer of the soul." (The Paul Simon Song Book)

我們身旁有沒有孤島?他們有多痛苦你知道嗎?抑或我們是那孤島呢?走出自己的Comfort zone接觸他人,散播愛、寬恕、平安,不就是上帝要我們做的事情嗎?

I am a rock (Simon & Garfunkel 1965)

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock, I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock, I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
But I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock, I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock, I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

沒有留言: