星期六, 9月 08, 2007

In memory of Pavarotti


In memory of the great tenor of our time Pavarotti, I change the song of this page to "Nessun Dorma", of course it is performed by the King of High C himself.

Nessun Dorma

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore e di speranza...
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun saprà!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò,
quando la luce splenderà!
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
che ti fa mia.
Voci di donne
Il nome suo nessun saprà...
E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir, morir!
Il principe ignoto
Dilegua, o notte! Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle! All'alba vincerò!
Vincerò! Vincerò!

English Translation
(The Prince:)
No one shall sleep! ... No one shall sleep!
Even you, O Princess, in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.

But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know ...
No! ... No!... On your mouth
I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine! ...

(The Chorus of women:)
No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.

(The Prince:)
Vanish, O night! Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win!
I will win! I will win!

1 則留言:

VIP 說...

很不開心。他的聲音和我度過了多個寒暑,自我有CD Walkman 不久,我就買了他的精選,除了Nat King Cole外,一直係我聽歌的首選。他得天獨厚的歌聲,讓人永遠懷念。