魔戒The Two Towers中,Samwise Gamgee 在 Osgiliath 說了另一段叫人心振奮的演說,來激勵被魔戒折磨得快要崩潰的主角Frodo Baggins.
-----------------------
Frodo has just held Sting to Sam's throat in Osgiliath. He comes to his senses, drops Sting and collapses against the wall, saying, "I can't do this Sam."
"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy?"
"How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you."
"That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."
Frodo doesn't look convinced. "What are we holding on to, Sam?"
Sam helps Frodo up. "There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for."
Frodo thinks a moment, lets out his breath a little, as if he'd been holding it. The light is back in his eyes. He is ready to continue.
------------------------
這個世界或許有很多叫人灰心失望,叫人憤怒,叫人無奈沮喪的事,但這又如何呢?相信世上仍有美好的事在我們前面,只要我們願意堅持爭取,相信終有一天美好的事會實現(就算身死,未必親眼能夠見證),就是這個信念給與人信心勇氣繼續向前......我深信美好的事總在轉角的地方,因為這是天父世界。
沒有留言:
發佈留言